A Permanent Solution to Vision Correction
Laser eye surgery could be your answer to permanent vision correction. If you’ve worn glasses or contact lenses for as long as you can remember, you may be a good candidate to take advantage of technological innovations that offer safe and effective corrective surgeries.
Our doctors at Littlefield Eye Associates can provide a thorough laser eye surgery consultation to find you high-quality care. To learn more about your options, book a consultation with us today.
Are There Different Kinds of Laser Eye Surgery?
The most frequent types of laser eye surgeries are LASIK and PRK. These procedures both correct refractive errors by reshaping the cornea, but the methods are slightly different.
Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
This procedure involves removing the outer layer of the cornea and reshaping the tissue underneath. During the healing process, you’ll wear bandage contact lenses for a few months.
Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK)
This surgery involves cutting a flap in the outer layer of the cornea and reshaping the tissue below. The flap is replaced and will heal on its own over a few months.
Can I Get Laser Eye Surgery?
Before you take the first step towards laser eye surgery, there are a few things to note as not everyone is eligible. During your consultation, we’ll discuss the benefits and risks of laser surgery based on your exam results, eye health history, and lifestyle.
Strong candidates for laser surgery usually meet the following criteria:
- 18 years old or above, ideally over 21, once eyes have stopped growing
- No changes in your prescription for at least a year
- Eye health is in good standing
- Sufficiently thick corneas
We’ll assess your situation during the consultation, but generally speaking, laser surgery may not be your best option if you:
- Have an extreme refractive error or an unstable prescription
- Are 18 years old or younger
- Have corneas are not thick enough
- Have existing eye conditions, like keratoconus, glaucoma, severe dry eye, or cataracts
- Have diabetes that is not under control
- Are currently pregnant or breastfeeding
Our team at Littlefield Eye Associates aims to find the best solution for your eye health. If laser eye surgery solves your vision correction and suits your lifestyle, we can guide you onto the next steps after our consultation.
Hours & Location
Littlefield Eye Associates is located at 220 West 75th Street between Wornall Road and Wyandotte Street, across from the CVS Pharmacy and ALDI.
- 220 W 75th Street
- Kansas City, MO 64114
- Phone: 816-523-8421
- Email: [email protected]
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed